So last year I wrote a post about saying goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016. I read it this week and reflected on it. You can read it here.
I had to sit and ponder, wandering how I was possibly going to write about 2016. So here are my highlights:
- I got a new job in a bigger company with more responsibility
- I started spending more time with family back home
- My toddler turned 2 years old
- I went to Las Vegas for my best friends wedding
- I started finding myself and having fun again
- Finally, I found a passion in going to the gym and keeping fit
- Trying to juggle my new job, family, friends, gym and little man
- Having to see a councillor again for anxiety
- The turbulence of my marriage
The highs this year have been remarkable. Vegas was by far the best experience I have had and I have grown so much as a person since the last part of the year.
The lows however have also been pretty substantial. Coming to terms that my perfect family unit may not be so perfect after all. Trying to see little man as much as I can but it breaking my heart when he wants his daddy more than me.
Here is how my 2016 wish list got on:
- At least 4 pieces of writing published in magazines or newspapers = 2 online media posts so I will be happy with that
- My blog to continue growing, offering me fab opportunities and making people smile = done
- Little man to get through the terrible 2’s not so terribly = on going
- Hubby and I to have a date night or day every 2 months = epic fail
- For everyone to finish 2016 healthy and well = done
So on to my 2017 wish list:
- Finally find a balance of being a busy working mummy
- Spending as much time with little man and giving him the best opportunities I can
- Continue to grow my blog
- Work hard at my job and make it a success
- To finally let go of the bad and focus on the good
2016 has been a turning point for me. I spent this Christmas with family, and will be having a very quiet New Year.
So who knows what 2017 has in store for us all…but whatever that may be, everything happens for a reason.
Happy New Year
Busy Working Mummy XOXO