What is happiness? Happiness is defined as that feeling that comes over you when you know life is good and you can’t help but smile.
Who actually experiences true happiness on a daily basis? Maybe lots of us. Maybe none of us.
I sometimes sit and ponder what being happy means. I am a naturally upbeat person. Even when things are pretty bad and I am having an off day, I always try and keep a smile on my face.
But I would never say I experience true happiness on a daily basis.
That is not a bad thing to admit – it is just an honest account of a busy mothers life.
So what brings you happiness? What makes you feel life is good and makes you smile?
Maybe happiness is too strong a word these days. Life is a struggle for a lot of people for a million different reasons. We all do what we need to, to get by. So lets focus on what makes us smile.
When was the last time you sat down and smiled thinking about something that happened that day? When did you let out a giggle and laugh over something silly?
Some of the things that make me smile are –
- Spending the weekend with little man and watching him grow in to the most amazing character. Every time I look at him, my heart could burst with pride and love for him.
- Gossiping with close friends about things you cannot even remember when you get off the phone. Knowing that friends have your back, no matter what.
- Closing the door on the world after a long day and settling in to the sofa with a cup of tea and a large bar of chocolate.
- Sitting down for coffee or a glass of wine with close friends and just watching the world go by. Sharing stories, laughs and often tears.
- Getting in to bed with freshly cleaned sheets and snuggling under the duvet after a hot shower.
These things may not fully bring me happiness to the extent that I get a feeling that tells me life is good, but they make me smile.
That is a massive step forward – a large positive leap to true happiness.
When you know what it is that brings you happiness, the trick is to never let it go.
What makes you smile? What has given you true happiness?
Busy Working Mummy XOXO