So today I am at work. Only until midday but at work none the less.
That means this morning little man is in Daddy daycare. Now I know it shouldn’t be made to be a big deal, a dad looking after his child on his own, but I can’t help but feel guilty for leaving them both.
Weekends are for family time. During the week, we all have work and nursery full time. Weekends we spend together out running errands and exploring new places and seeing new things.
So today, the fact that I have to work is far from ideal.
I am also away for 2 days on a course on Tuesday and Wednesday. It really is a week for Daddy to look after little man whilst I concentrate on work before our Easter break to Cornwall. Not long until we can all be together for a week with the family.
As Mums, we do tend to stress about things that Dads wouldn’t. Here are a list of things I have either thought of or asked hubby this morning already:
- Will you make sure he has hot food for lunch in case we go out for tea when I get back home?
- The fish fingers take 15 minutes in the oven. Why I feel the need to state the obvious I have no idea.
- Sometimes you have to be careful giving him his breakfast as he feeds himself but also likes to use his quick reflexes to launch rice crispies over the dining room.
- Remember he still needs his anti-biotics before nap time.
- Can you put him down for his nap at about midday?
- Will you change his nappy before his nap?
- If you get bored, take him down to the park for a run around so he doesn’t tear up the house.
- I have put a wash on before I left this morning. Please can you get it out and on the line to dry before I get home?
- There are grapes in the fridge for a snack.
- Remember to cut the grapes long ways only.
The things as Mums, we/I tend to worry about are ridiculous. My husband is an amazing Dad.
They will have a great morning together and Mummy will only come home and ruin it this afternoon anyway.
So Daddy Daycare is officially in full swing for a few days before holiday whilst Mummy comes and goes for a while.
What do you tend to worry about when Daddy is left in charge of your little ones?
Busy Working Mummy XOXO