So it is the second week of January. Everyone is feeling flat, new years resolutions are starting to waiver and people’s will power is being pushed to the limits.
How do you get over January blues?
I don’t actually know but I am trying to make myself feel happier and get through January quicker by doing the following –
- Exercise. I am keeping up with the gym at weekends, but where i have now gone back up to 5 days a week at work i have to try and fit in a session during the week. Evenings are just not an option for me. By the time i get little man to bed its 7pm and the last thing i want to do is go out to the gym. So last week i got up at 5.30am and went to the gym for 6am opening time. It fitted in well, and I will definitely be keeping it up. It cheered me up and cleared my head ready for the day.
- Book a holiday or a break away. I have already booked a couple of long weekends over Easter and in September for our breaks to Cornwall to visit my in-laws. It has definitely given me something to focus on and look forward to. I just want to book our Center Parcs break next.
- Treat yourself to a little special something in the January sales to cheer you up. A nice Molton Brown bubble bath or those sparkly earrings to add a bit of bling to a dreary outfit.
- Book a lunch date with friends. Or just a coffee if time doesn’t allow. Bring your little one with you if you have to/want to and enjoy a little time off as the fuss will be all about the little one. You can have a gossip at the same time.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner with hubby. If you cannot get out due to babysitting issues then enjoy a cooked meal at the table. No phones, no TV, no distractions.
- Make your bathroom into a spa. Have a hot bubble bath, light some candles, have a glass of wine and listen to some music. Maybe hubby can cook dinner whilst you relax in the bath, and be on baby monitor duty in case the little one starts calling.
- Start reading a book before bed. This is something I need to start doing rather than watching TV. It helps switch off and minimises screen time before bed. As I go to bed at 9pm anyway, my whole evening is relatively short but even 20 minutes may be enough to send me off to sleep.
- Get a new hair cut. Now I always put off getting my hair done. Maybe twice a year, three times on a good year. I am awful at finding the time to have a good hair cut. My hair dresser would agree. So use January to have a new style, a good cut or a new colour.
So lets kick January’s ass in style and wave hello to February and then Easter soon after.
If all else fails, Easter eggs are in the shops already so lets grab a creme egg and toast to a crappy January.
Busy Working Mummy XOXO