So this week is the final week of 2015. This year has been full of highs and lows. 2015 was met with my return to work following 6 months maternity leave, and little man starting nursery full time. We had 1 holiday abroad and 1 mini break to Center Parcs. I have laughed, cried, shouted and thrown numerous household items at hubby. Who hasn’t? Here are the highlights –
- Hubby had a well deserved promotion at work
- Our first family holiday to Spain
- Our baby turned in to a toddler
- Our little boy celebrated his first birthday
- I gained a diploma in Journalism
- I started a blog!!
- Mum being diagnosed with breast cancer in the summer
- Trying to balance a full time job, being a mummy and doing the day to day household chores
- Not spending enough time with hubby
- My obsession in cleaning and tidying the house
Looking back, it’s not been the worst year I have experienced. Mum is finishing her treatment for cancer, and the rest of the lows don’t seem serious in comparison.
So what will happen in 2016? It is impossible to predict as this time last year, I never thought I would have been writing a blog and had studied a journalism course, with a successful outcome.
So I choose to write a wish list. Things that I would like to happen, not things I would necessarily make happen. If I could have 5 things in 2016, they would be –
- At least 4 pieces of writing published in magazines or newspapers
- My blog to continue growing, offering me fab opportunities and making people smile
- Little man to get through the terrible 2’s not so terribly
- Hubby and I to have a date night or day every 2 months
- For everyone to finish 2016 healthy and well
This time of year is a time of reflection. Some of which I am not going to publish. I am not ready just yet – but I will be.
Writing has given me something in my life to really focus on and enjoy. To take my mind off the bad stuff. I have found my passion and I am forever grateful to everyone that has supported me and read even just one of my posts this year.
So we say goodbye to 2015 and hello to an exciting 2016.
So take a moment over a glass of champagne to reflect on the good and the bad, and make a wishlist for 2016 rather than resolutions.
Happy New Year!
Busy Working Mummy & family XOXO