For anyone that doesn’t know by now, I have an obsession with keeping my house clean. I always sweep the floors at the end of the day – we are not even home during the week, as I work full time and little man is at nursery. I also always make sure that the house is fully cleaned every Sunday.
This can be tricky when you have a little one running around like a mini hurricane and if you have plans during the weekend, which 9 times out of 10 we do.
So I have devised a guide to help clean your house in an hour with a 1 year old –
- Split the jobs equally between mummy and daddy – I take on the dusting, bathrooms & kitchen first whilst daddy looks after little man, then we swap and daddy hoovers the house with our assistance. I then steam our kitchen and hallway when little man goes to bed as it doesn’t make any noise. I am not a fan our our Karcher steam cleaner so i would definitely recommend looking for a VAX Steam Fresh Combi 10 in 1 Steam Cleaner as it looks so much easier to push around.
- Having a hoover that can work on carpets and tiles/hard floors helps massively. We used to have to hoover the carpets and then swap to sweeping up and using our handheld hoover to clean the kitchen which took a lot longer.
- Have a handy housekeeping box that holds all your cleaning products in it so that you can carry it upstairs in one go. This keeps everything together and makes it easier to take around with you without your little ones getting their hands on things
- Get your little one involved. My little boy will help tidy his play room at weekends before he goes to bed, and he loves putting things in the washing machine. The funniest thing he does at weekends is getting his sweeping brush or mop and ‘cleaning’ the floors. Possibly a sign that I clean a little too often!
- Try and keep on top of the tidying. I always ensure that the washing up is done and put away and toys etc are tidied away at the end of every day. This helps with keeping the full house clean-up to just the hour at a weekend.
I hope that this gives you an idea which could help you keep on top of that awful job that everyone tries to put off. What are your cleaning tips with a little one?
Busy Working Mummy XOXO