It has been a busy week this week and we had confirmation that my little man isn’t so little anymore as he is moving up to the next room at nursery on Monday. Over the last few weeks I have noticed him change so much and he has such a great personality. He knows what he wants and how to play up to get it too….here comes the toddler tantrums.
My favourite thing this week was spending Saturday afternoon with him and baking scary chocolate chip muffins. They turned out amazingly (a relief and a pleasant surprise).
I bought a fun Halloween mould from Dunelm last week so i knew i had to try and use it, given that it can only really be used once a year. For anyone that wants to give them a go, in maybe a different mould, the recipe is below:
300g Self Raising Flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 50g cubed butter, 80g caster sugar, 150g chocolate chips, 2 eggs, 225g milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix the flour and baking powder together. Rub the butter in until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and the chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, milk and vanilla together. Pour the mixture all at once into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cases, or muffin moulds
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes before loosening them from their moulds and pushing them up so that they pop out easily
They look like mini scary pumpkins.
We also got our new sideboard delivered today. I love it. The only issue is that the surface is a little bare at the moment so my next project is to fill it with cute little ornaments, candles and cute pieces like that.
The colour scheme is teal, greys and browns so i will be researching and reporting back when the sideboard is completed. I did get a bunch of flowers from daddy and little man when they went food shopping though which took pride of place in the middle.
So now Halloween has come to end, and the muffin mould has gone away for a year, I can officially eat any left over chocolate from our trick or treat multi pack – before feeling guilty and heading off to the gym.
Happy Halloween everyone…what’s your best bits been this week?
Busy Working Mummy XOXO