What makes us happy? We all have a variety of answers and that is what makes us all unique as we all appreciate different things.
I had an incredibly busy weekend looking after little man on Saturday and having to work on Sunday, and am struggling with only having spent just one day with him this week rather than a full weekend. We had a very exciting play date on Saturday afternoon which was lovely. It got us out of the house for a few hours and it more importantly gave little man the opportunity to spend time with a lovely little girl, where they played and followed each other around. It also gave me the time to have a cup of tea and a bit of a gossip with a fellow mummy with a baby the similar age to mine – such a necessity for a mummy.
I also managed to find something that my son will actually eat this week as he doesn’t eat any of my home made cooking. At present it is all about the Ella’s Kitchen pouches, sandwiches (which I am allowed to make) and things like crumpets, fruit and some sweetcorn type crisps and rice cakes which he loves….so he isn’t fussy as long as I am not making it.
So the winning food is my Mars Bar Crispie Cakes – now not the healthiest but he doesn’t have a whole one. I am just chuffed he will eat something that I make.
3 Mars Bars, 150g of milk chocolate, and enough rice crispies to be coated in the melted mixture
- Melt the mars bars and chocolate in a bowl which is warming over a pan of boiling water
- When melted, add enough rice crispies until they are all coated in the chocolate mix
- Pour into a tin and pat down so smooth on top
- Put in fridge for 2 hours
These are little squares of chocolate-y goodness and are perfect for a Saturday afternoon baking session with the kids which takes less than 15 minutes to make, and not a lot of washing up.
This leads me on to what makes us mummy’s happy. It is important as everyone leads such busy lives to focus on what makes us happy and ensure that we are trying our best to do these things as much as we can.
My top 5 things that make me happy are –
- Getting into bed after a shower with my Molton Brown body wash (It only comes out after a very stressful day)
- A nice clean house on a Sunday night when it has been cleaned and hoovered ready for the week ahead
- Sitting down after putting little man to bed with a cup of tea and some chocolate and watching the soaps
- Making my little man smile and hearing him laugh
- A day out at the weekend with my beautiful little family
The things that make you happy say a lot about someone’s life. My lack of real baking ability and my 5 choices show that I am the most simple mummy there is. Yes I like to go shopping for some nice clothes and I like to get my nails done, but what makes me happy on a daily basis are the simple things in life.
So what are the top 5 things that make you happy and what do you think they say about you?
Signing off for the day
Busy Working Mummy XOXO